We are committed to nourishing all guests by providing nutritious options that fit each need, no matter where they dine on campus. We support students with food allergies and special diets for medical, religious or personal reasons by providing the knowledge and resources necessary for students to make informed food choices in our dining locations.
Where to Start
1. Notify the dining team of your allergies and/or special dietary needs.
2. Schedule a meeting with the dining team. We’ll work with you to develop a plan to help navigate the dining locations and find the best solution regarding your meal plan.
3. Keep in touch. If we do not hear from you, we believe that you are successfully navigating the dining locations.
Do you have food allergies or intolerances? Our chefs have you covered. True Balance is a station in the dining hall where our dining team prepares delicious dishes from ingredients without the 9 most common food allergens – egg, milk, peanut, tree nuts, shellfish, soy, wheat, fish, sesame – and gluten.
Our commitment is to allergen-safe service. Our dedicated allergy station is AllerCheck™ approved and earned a Certificate of Achievement from the nation’s leading food allergy experts, MenuTrinfo®, LLC. AllerCheck™ helps you dine with confidence so you can find foods that fit your needs.
- Always read the menu, ingredient, and nutrition information for foods you wish to eat to ensure you are properly avoiding the appropriate foods.
- When in doubt regarding ingredients in a particular food, direct your questions to our manager on duty.
- Due to the self-serve nature of the residential dining halls, if you have been prescribed an epinephrine autoinjector, carry it with you at all times.
- Items at self-service stations may be prepared individually for you in our kitchens, just ask a chef or manager or assistance.
- Take caution with deep fried foods as frying oil is reused before being changed and may lead to cross-contact.
Although we take great lengths to accommodate students with food allergies, we prepare food in open kitchens where cross contact with foods containing allergens may occur and we rely on our suppliers ingredient listings and may not be aware of ingredients contained in the food, but not listed on the container or packaging. As such, we cannot guarantee a completely allergen-free environment.